By now, most businesses have heard of VoIP. If you’re in the tech sales industry, there’s a good chance you’ve also heard of VoIP reseller programs. It’s a form of private label sales where companies create an unbranded product or service and then allow business-savvy partners to offer their services under their own business name, to their own customers. Having reached a record revenue of $228 billion in 2022 alone, it’s a tried and true business strategy.
With the right partner, even those with little technical experience can start reselling—without any heavy lifting of their own. They simply connect with customers, assess their needs, and let the service partner bring everything they need to provide great service and be successful. Read on to learn how to get started with the most reliable VoIP reseller platform, offering ready-made products for an already motivated market.
How Does a VoIP Reseller Program Work?
By collaborating with a VoIP provider, resellers gain the right to sell the services under their own brand name. The VoIP provider handles the technical details, leaving the reseller free to focus on customer outreach. Because VoIP is a digital product, there’s no physical inventory to manage.
The only real upfront cost is the need to learn about the product—just as you would with traditional products you must also create, maintain, market, sell, and ship (all while maintaining ongoing customer support). As a VoIP reseller, the process is much more simple.
With a VoIP reseller program, you only need two things:
- A willingness to learn about the benefits VoIP provides to modern businesses
- The motivation to attract your first few clients and start building momentum
Marks of a Good Private Label VoIP Program
Because VoIP is a subscription service, you’ll make recurring revenue with every sale. Of course, the better the services of the partner you choose, the more likely you are to keep customers for extended periods. To ensure maximum customer retention, ensure you’re selling the highest quality product. Look for the following 10 factors when comparing VoIP reselling programs:
- Quality. As businesses migrate to VoIP, many are unclear about how reliable this technology is compared to traditional systems. With a Tier-1 VoIP provider, you’ll be able to advertise maximum uptime and system reliability. It also improves long-term customer satisfaction, leading to greater customer retention.
- Selling points. The clearer your VoIP provider is about their product’s strengths, the easier it is to win customers over. Be sure your VoIP partner has clear selling points that are easy to explain to your audience.
- Customization. The beauty of a digital private label product is that you can combine different features based on market demand – or at least, you should be able to. Some VoIP reseller programs only offer one-size-fits-all packages, which are much harder to sell. Choose a partner that offers customization options.
- Scalability. Sometimes, VoIP providers are themselves a kind of reseller who can’t offer specific service levels. This may also be a red flag that they probably don’t have direct Tier 1 access. But your customers need the ability to scale services up or down in an instant, and this is a major draw. Verify whether end users can easily scale services with a particular VoIP provider.
- Streamlined branding. Some VoIP providers simplify branding by automatically including your logo on billing forms and subscription emails. Such service providers want you to succeed as easily as possible, and you won’t need to reinvent the wheel.
- Ease of use. This goes for both the reseller and the end-user. The more comfortable you are with your chosen provider, the more confident you’ll be presenting the services. Customers must also have an easy time using the product if you expect them to stick around. It pays to look at the system from the customer’s standpoint and picture yourself using it.
- Seller resources. Even though the sales and marketing are up to you, a good VoIP reseller program will keep you updated on the latest sales methods in the VoIP resale market.
- Simplified billing. It’s easy for the VoIP provider to justify making resellers responsible for customer billing. However, a more professional VoIP provider will handle customer billing directly. They want you to be focused as much on sales as possible, not payments and transactions.
- Automated payments. Keep things simple when keeping track of your earnings. Look for a VoIP reselling program with a polished and user-friendly sales portal, as well as set-it-and-forget-it automatic deposits.
- Platform compatibility. Last but not least: with the multitude of platforms and communications systems used by businesses, it’s important that the product you choose to sell is compatible with your clients’ setups.
Since 2020, the VoIP market has grown at a blistering 212% rate. By finding the right VoIP reselling program, you’ll be tapping into a market that’s already gained huge momentum—but with many sub-par competitors. Be sure you select the highest quality VoIP reseller program, and be ready to secure the highest recurring sales for years to come.
Partner with the Best VoIP Reseller Program
Getting started with a VoIP reseller program should be easy. In the right hands, it amounts to creating a VoIP reseller account and receiving access to a ready-made, salable service—in minutes. From there, you can customize the product with your logo, read up on the benefits of VoIP, and start planning your sales strategy.
As telephone systems increasingly shift towards IP-based services, audiences are already largely sold on the need for VoIP and related services. You just need to highlight the benefits of your chosen VoIP service while demonstrating how easy it is to make the shift.
Thanks to decades of award-winning experience in the IT industry, SIPTRUNK is one of the leading VoIP reseller programs on the market. We make the process of switching your customers to VoIP easy. Get started today, and begin earning recurring revenue with no technical hassle.