What Are VoIP and SIP?
Before digging into Wholesale VoIP Providers, it is worth mentioning that VoIP is an abbreviation for Voice over Internet Protocol.
The Federal Communications Commission defines VoIP as “A technology that allows you to make voice calls using a broadband Internet connection instead of a regular (or analog) phone line. Some VoIP services may only allow you to call other people using the same service, but others may allow you to call anyone who has a telephone number – including local, long-distance, mobile, and international numbers. Also, while some VoIP services only work over your computer or a special VoIP phone, other services allow you to use a traditional phone connected to a VoIP adapter.”
Besides voice, VoIP can also share video and other media such as PDF files, JPEG images and voice-to-email communications. While this protocol enables sending and receiving these types of data, it is not the only piece of the telecommunications system puzzle.
When a call takes place over the network, the SIP trunk comes into play. It is the protocol responsible for initiating and terminating the communication session. Its role, in part, is to allow VoIP to run.
While people often interchange SIP with VoIP, another difference between these two technologies is that SIP calling uses VoIP to move analog call traffic over an internet connection.
Wholesale VoIP Providers and SIP Trunking Services: How do They Work?
In a nutshell, businesses purchase SIP trunks from a third-party seller. The vendor installs the trunk onto their equipment, usually with a plug-and-play approach. Then, VoIP systems link up to the acquired SIP trunks so that communications can begin.
VoIP software turns all voice signals into data packets and sends them to another endpoint on the network. VoIP can connect to business telephones and other devices, making it easier to access communications from different locations within the office and in remote places.
These two protocols work together to enhance digital business communications.
Related: How to Make Money as a SIP Provider
Benefits of Using SIP and VoIP
There are a vast number of benefits to using SIP along with your chosen Wholesale VoIP providers.
- Lower Cost: Using VoIP technology is less expensive than traditional telephone lines. SIP trunk implementation is incredibly inexpensive, and businesses can obtain most VoIP software at very low costs. Since these technologies are also hardware-free, you won’t need to worry about paying to maintain physical telephone lines and systems.
- More Flexibility: There are many more things that you can do with SIP trunking and VoIP than with PBX landlines. Before installing SIP trunks, you can choose from dozens of add-ons to improve the functionality of your VoIP systems. These add-ons include caller ID, fax-to-email, business SMS and convenient call data records.
- Increased productivity and service stability: The best thing about VoIP is it’s a surefire way to boost productivity in the workplace. Because SIP trunks retain a strong connection, like your WiFi network, concerns about frequently dropped calls or unclear speech disappear. The reliability of VoIP allows businesses to talk to customers and other parties efficiently and effectively.
How to Resell SIP Trunking Services
Regardless of the company’s choice of wholesale VoIP provider, reselling SIP trunking services is an excellent way for IT consultants and telco dealers to increase their income and diversify their business.
SIP resellers develop a recurring revenue stream and can strengthen relationships with their customers by offering modern solutions. This protocol is rapidly becoming the communications solution of choice for businesses of all sizes.
Whether you are an established business looking to expand your service offerings or are an entrepreneur looking for a niche market, you may want to capture your part of the market as soon as possible. Organizations are catching on to SIP, and you want to be there when they decide to migrate.
The good news is that it is not difficult or expensive to begin to resell SIP trunking services. You can start growing your SIP trunking business in just a few steps with minimal investment.
The first and most essential step is to choose the right SIP trunking services partner. There are many programs available, but they are not all the same. Here are a few things to look for that will put you in the best position to thrive.
- Flexible Pricing – Check if you can sell SIP trunks by the channel, with unlimited local and long-distance calls to most of the United States. You can additionally have an option to sell per-minute rate plans. If you choose a service that offers both options, you’ll have the flexibility to meet the needs of diverse customer profiles.
- White Labeling – With a white-labeled SIP platform for resellers, your clients will see your brand identity every time they log into the solution. This helps to highlight your services’ importance to the client and keeps your brand top of mind.
- Expert Service and Support – You don’t need to become a telephony expert to resell SIP trunking services. Still, you want to establish relationships with qualified and experienced resources if there is a need to troubleshoot or answer any client’s technical questions.
- Hands-off Billing and Taxes – Unless you want to become an expert at understanding federal, state and local taxes and fees, choose a partner that will take care of billing for you.
- An Easy-to-Use Interface – Getting your customers up and running on SIP should be a piece of cake. Make sure it is by choosing a SIP trunking service with an easy-to-use online platform for provisioning and management.
- Free Trial – The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. Be sure to consider only those solutions that will allow for a free trial. You should offer your customers a complimentary test so they can experience the service first-hand before they invest.
- Craft Your Pitch – Before you begin reaching out to your clients, it is a good idea to put together the critical value propositions. Focus on why they should consider SIP trunking first, and then detail the advantages of getting service from you.
The benefits of SIP trunking for your customers are numerous. They include:
- Cost savings compared to traditional PRI lines
- Flexibility to purchase and pay for only the exact number of channels they need
- Ease to add or reduce the number of channels
- Reporting capabilities and call data records
Start Selling SIP Trunking
Most people who decide to resell SIP trunking services begin by reaching out to their existing clients. Some of them may be aware of the SIP approach to business communications, while others may need more extensive education. In either case, an in-depth discussion of the client’s current voice system and their needs is an excellent way to open the dialog and begin closing the sale.
It may seem like SIP reselling is too good to be true, but it is a straightforward way to begin growing your business. You can build customer loyalty by enhancing their communications capabilities while saving them money. Having SIPTRUNK as your chosen partner is an excellent option to get started. Get in touch with us and sell right away.
Ready to Start SIP Trunking?
SIPTRUNK is the ideal SIP trunking provider for agents, dealers, VARs, manufacturers, distributors, master agents, and IT consultants looking to build a monthly recurring revenue stream selling SIP trunks.