Telco dealers and agents, as well as IT consultants, across the US have realized that offering their customers private labeled SIP trunks is an effective path to a recurring revenue stream and increased customer loyalty. SIP trunking has become enormously popular with businesses of all sizes and types. In fact, there is little doubt that the market is moving in that direction and resellers who want to capitalize on it should act soon.
Fortunately, it is not at all expensive or difficult to begin to resell private label SIP trunking services. You’re only a few steps away from transforming your business and earning money month after month. Here’s all there is to it.
Choose a Private Labeled SIP Trunk Partner
Picking the best SIP trunking partnership program for you is the first step to success. There are lots of providers on the market, but they vary widely in terms of quality, flexibility, and generosity. When you evaluate each program, consider:
- Pricing structure – SIP can be sold either by the channel, with unlimited local and long distance to the lower 48 states, or it can be sold on a per minute rate plan. Customers have varying needs, so it is smart to select a partner that will let you price either way depending on what your client prefers.
- Private Labeling (AKA White Labeling) – With a private labeled SIP platform for resellers, your customer will see your logo and brand identity elements whenever they log into the system. This helps keep your brand top of mind and reinforces your importance to the business.
- Outstanding Service and Support – Although you certainly don’t need to be a SIP trunking expert in order to resell SIP services, you do want to know that expert resources are backing you up if you ever run into an unexpected hitch.
- Turn-key Billing and Taxes – You probably don’t want to get into the business of calculating monthly bills for SIP trunking and understanding the complex landscape of federal, state, and local taxes in fees. Instead, choose a white labeled SIP service that will manage billing for you.
- User-Friendly Control Panel – One of the main advantages of SIP trunking for resellers is that you can provision customers almost immediately. Make sure that your partner offers an easy-to-use, online application for system administration and provisioning.
- Free SIP Trunking Trial – No vendor is going to admit to having latency issues or other types of poor audio quality. Be sure you are offering your customers reliable and high-quality service by doing a quick free trial. Be wary of any vendor that doesn’t offer one.
Build the Case for SIP
Once you’ve selected a partner, it’s time to craft your pitch to customers. Be prepared to clearly lay out the advantages of SIP trunking, address common concerns, and convince them that they should get the service from you.
The top benefits of SIP for your clients include:
- Communications costs reduced by as much as 40 – 60%
- The ability to subscribe to only exactly the number of channels they need instead of being forced to buy lines in groups of 23
- The flexibility to add or reduce channels on-demand
- Advanced reporting capabilities and complete call data records
Layout Your Strategy
Most telco dealers and agents who add private labeled SIP trunking to their portfolio start by targeting existing customers. Some clients will know a lot about cloud-based voice communications, while others will need to be introduced to the idea. Most conversations will start with a deep dive into the customer’s current voice infrastructure and a discussion of their needs in the future.
It is rare that there is an opportunity to grow your business without a lot of initial investment or a steep learning curve, but that’s exactly what private labeled SIP trunking offers. If you chose the right program with a strong partner you can have an almost immediate impact on your bottom line.
Ready to Start SIP Trunking?
SIPTRUNK is the ideal SIP trunking provider for agents, dealers, VARs, manufacturers, distributors, master agents, and IT consultants looking to build a monthly recurring revenue stream selling SIP trunks.