How to Resell SIP Trunking Services
IT consultants and telco dealers across the country have discovered that reselling SIP trunking services is an excellent way to develop a recurring revenue stream and to strengthen relationships with customers. SIP is rapidly becoming the communications solution of choice for businesses of all sizes. If you want to capture your part of the market, it is smart to act quickly before your customers make the move without you.
The good news is that it is not difficult or expensive to begin to resell SIP trunking services. You can begin growing your SIP trunking business in just a few steps with minimal investment. Here’s how.
Select a SIP Trunking Services Provider
Choosing the right SIP trunking services partner will be critical to your success. There are many services available, but they are not all the same. Here are a few things to look for that will put you in the best position to thrive.
- Flexible Pricing – SIP trunks can be sold by the channel with unlimited local and long distance to most of the United States. They can also be sold on per minute rate plans. If you choose a service that offers both options, you’ll have the flexibility to meet the needs of diverse customers.
- White Labeling – With a white labeled SIP platform for resellers, your clients will see your brand identity every time they log into the solution. This helps underscore your importance to the client and keeps your brand top of mind.
- Expert Service and Support – You don’t need to become a telephony expert to resell SIP trunking services, but you do want to know that knowledgeable and experienced resources have got your back.
- Hands off Billing and Taxes – Unless you want to get really good at understanding arcane federal, state, and local taxes and fees, choose a partner that will take care of billing for you.
- An Easy to Use Interface – Getting your customers up and running on SIP should be a piece of cake. Make sure it is by choosing a SIP trunking service with an easy to use online platform for provisioning and management.
- Free Trial – The proof, as they say, is in the pudding, so be sure to consider only those solutions that will allow for a free trial. You don’t need long, less than an hour of calling usually, but you should have the opportunity to kick the tires.
Craft Your Pitch
Before you begin reaching out to your clients, it is a good idea to put together the key value propositions that you will share with them. Focus first on why they should consider SIP trunking and next on the advantages of getting service from you.
The advantages of SIP trunking for your customers are numerous. They include:
- Significant cost savings vs. traditional PRI lines
- The flexibility to purchase and pay for only the exact number of channels they need
- Ease of adding or reducing the number of channels
- Sophisticated reporting capabilities and call data records
Most people who decide to resell SIP trunking services begin by reaching out to their existing clients. Some clients may be very well aware of the SIP approach to business communications, while others may need a more extensive education. In either case, an in-depth discussion of the client’s current voice system and their needs over the short and long term is an excellent way to open the dialog and begin closing the sale.
It may seem like it is too good to be true, but it really is this easy to begin growing your business and saving money for your clients. With the right partner and a good plan, you’ll begin building your book of business in no time.