If you feel like there has been a fundamental change in the telecommunications business over the last five years or so, you are exactly right. The increased use of the internet, SIP trunking specifically, has fundamentally changed the way businesses communicate. You don’t have to take our word for it. We’ve pulled together some pretty shocking statistics that suggest that your customers are moving to SIP trunking with or without you.
- In North America, 45% of businesses are already using SIP trunking with an increase to 67% predicted by 2017. (Infonetics Research)
- The total number of mobile VoIP users is expected to be 1 billion by the year 2017 and that’s just mobile VoIP users (Juniper Research)
- In 2011, 147 petabytes of data were sent using VoIP communications platforms. By 2015, that number had risen to 156 petabytes of data. It’s expected to reach 158 petabytes this year. (Statistica)
- About 204.8 billion corporate consumer users are forecast by 2020, accounting for $86.20 billion in global revenues. (Future Market Insights)
- The unified communications market is expected to reach annual revenues of $88 billion by 2018. (Infonetics)
- Telecoms are losing an average of 700,000 landline customers per month. (net)
- The number of seats for hosted business VoIP will double between 2012 and 2016. (Infonetics)
- 70% of companies indicated they have deployed UC in the cloud or plan to do so. (InformationWeek)
- By 2018, 42% of firms will send 100% of their traffic over SIP trunks. (ExpretIP)
- 80% of business with 20,000 employees say SIP is very important. 80% of businesses with 100-500 employees say the same. (ExpertIP)
- By next year 50% of U.S. business exchange lines will be SIP-based. (Gartner)
Why are businesses so excited about SIP trunking? There are statistics that shed light on that as well.
- Over 90% of SIP users are satisfied with audio quality (Software Advice)
- Small businesses that switch to VoIP reduce the cost of their local calls by up to 40%, and save up to 90% on international calls (Tech.co)
- Businesses with 30 phone users reaped $1,200 in monthly savings when switching to VoIP. (PC World)
Telco dealers and agents can either see these developments as a threat, or they can seize the opportunity to earn more business and move to a monthly revenue model. With the right partner, there’s little downside to doing so.
The best SIP trunking reseller programs don’t come with any major upfront costs. The vendor handles billing and support so that you can focus on growing your business. Some solutions include powerful, brandable control panels that make it easy to provision SIP trunks for your clients with ease.
The market is moving to SIP. We say – if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em
Ready to Start SIP Trunking?
SIPTRUNK is the ideal SIP trunking provider for agents, dealers, VARs, manufacturers, distributors, master agents, and IT consultants looking to build a monthly recurring revenue stream selling SIP trunks.