SIP Trunking Reseller Program FAQs
We are fortunate enough to chat with telco agents and dealers who are considering joining a SIP trunking reseller program on a daily basis. Most are doing so with the hope of transitioning a larger share of their business to a monthly recurring revenue model. Although SIP trunking has been around for quite some time, the approach is new to many who have been focused on more traditional business communications, so it’s no wonder they have a lot of questions. Here are the ones we are asked most often.
What are the benefits of joining a SIP trunking reseller program?
In North America, 45% of businesses are already using SIP trunking with an increase to 67% predicted by 2017. In other words, your customers are going to be choosing SIP, even if you don’t. Why not take advantage of this shift and get your share of the revenue? In addition to the opportunity to benefit from a growing trend, joining a SIP trunking reseller program helps you:
- Shift from one-time hardware sales to an automatic monthly recurring revenue model
- Strengthen customer relationships
- Fend off competition from hosted VoIP and other cloud-based communications solutions
How do customers benefit from SIP?
Joining a SIP trunking reseller program isn’t just good for you, it is also great for your customers. They will enjoy:
- Significantly lower communications costs, with some saving up to 60%
- The flexibility to add or remove channels as business needs change
- Predictable monthly fees
- Advanced unified communications features
- Disaster recovery capabilities
What features should I look for?
This is a great question because not all SIP trunk vendors provide the same capabilities and not every reseller program is the same. You have many options so you should insist on a partner that gives you:
- Flexible pricing options to meet the needs of every customer – SIP trunking can be offered as an unlimited service with a monthly fee that includes long-distance calls to most of the US and Canada. Or it can be sold in bundles of minutes. Look for a solution that lets you tailor the pricing model to the needs of each of your clients.
- White labeling – A white-labeled SIP trunk solution is one that lets you feature your logo and brand identity. This helps keep your business at the top of your customer’s mind.
- Hands off billing and taxes – Trust us on this one, properly billing for SIP is difficult because of the associated taxes and fees. You’ve got better things to worry about, so look for a SIP trunking partner that will take care of that for you.
- Automated provisioning – Getting your customers up and running on SIP trunks should be fast and easy. It should also be a piece of cake to help them administer the system and make changes when needed. Pick a SIP trunking vendor with an easy-to-use control panel for hassle-free system management.
- Expert support – Helping your customers make the switch to SIP should be painless, but once in a while questions will come up. Be sure to choose a partner that has the expertise and willingness to answer your questions and provide you with outstanding technical support.
Adding SIP trunks to your offering is a smart move. You’ll enjoy a boost to your bottom line and your customers will thank you for it. If you want to see how easy it can be, check out our free trial. If you have questions that we haven’t answered here, feel free to drop us a line. We’d love to help.