If you’re ready to help take your customer’s business’ communications to the next level and want to create a recurring revenue stream, you need to help your customers ask the right questions and give them reassuring answers.
Two great questions your customers will likely ask are, first: What is SIP trunking? And second: How does SIP trunking benefit my business?
To begin, you’ll need to start with the fact that SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. What we call SIP trunking is a way to send voice and other types of unified communication services using the internet.
Many companies are switching from the traditional systems that used PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) to this type of VoIP method, which gives them great benefits from a lower price to more reliability.
Communication via SIP trunking is IP telephony, which works with VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol. It’s considered the principal United Communication method across a data network.
It can hold an unlimited number of communication channels. A channel is equivalent to an incoming and outgoing call.
What is SIP Trunking, and How Does it Work?
This is probably the first question on your customer’s mind. You can explain simply that SIP is installed in an existing internet connection and modifies the router QoS, which means Quality of Service. This setting allows your router to prioritize voice calls to redirect its capabilities to the task required.
It also uses voice codecs that take audio signals and converts them on a digital transmission able to be sent over the internet. Once it gets to its destination, it is released for the receiver to listen to the message.
Is Your Communications Business is Ready for VoIP
The first thing needed to use SIP trunking is a reliable and robust internet provider.
In general, only tier-1 carriers have the most efficient way to connect to the backbone of the internet and ensure sustainable calls without interruptions of any kind.
PSTN was the supreme power for a long time, but it requires a connection between the two parties. PSTN wires maintenance and other materials can be expensive. And with SIP, you can offer the client a more efficient alternative.
If you already have a communications business, you may have offered legacy plans that might seem expensive to a client. Giving them better quality, without increasing the costs, can create a long-lasting relationship.
When you consider all that, it becomes clear that you need something fast, comprehensive, and flexible. SIP is just the thing. It can even allow you to offer several options to the client.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
Now let’s talk about the benefits that SIP trunks can give to you and your client.
- Reduce your client’s costs of communication: You can offer clients the opportunity to lower their communication costs to less than half of what they pay for a regular phone line contract. You can eliminate most long-distance fees and focus on what their business needs at that particular moment. They can upgrade at any time.
- Use it when you need it: Most carriers lock their clients with a contract for at least one year. With this option, they use it as long as they need, without being locked in a contract for a prolonged time. It can be done due to the low installation cost for you.
- Unified lines of communication: Having a versatile and robust communication channel that offers voice, data, messaging, high-quality video, and even share your computer screen, is a great modern business option, and nowadays, a necessity.
- Easy to install, or reinstall: If a business has to move to a new office for any reason, it can easily be rerouted to the new location, with meager costs to either party. No additional wiring or cable issues!
- Stay up-to-date with the market: More and more people are choosing to switch from the traditional method to SIP trunking, because of its diversity.
- Flexibility: When you use SIP trunks, it’s easy to decide the number of communication channels your client needs. It’s also easy to modify these communication methods at a much lower cost –especially if your clients are expecting a large number of customer calls.
Another thing to take into consideration is the variety of types of businesses you can target. Each of the over 30 million small businesses in the US, needs to communicate with clients, some of them more than others.
You can pursue clients in businesses like hotels, restaurants, car dealerships, private schools, or any other service area. VoIP communication will make it a lot easier to contact their own potential clients, using different methods in a single channel.
A business with offices in different cities or even countries will reduce the cost of long-distance calls using VoIP.
At the same time, if a business has employees working from home, it will be a lot easier to set them up with SIP trunks and save a lot of money on equipment.
How to Become a Good SIP Trunk Provider
A SIP trunk is exposed to the internet. Because of that, you need to resell a solution with enough security and an excellent anti-fraud system to monitor any possible fraudulent call.
By setting your client up with SIP connection, you’ll both provide excellent service, as well as increase the trust the client has in you. If they end up saving using your plan, there’s a chance they will choose to stay with your client for a while.
Their business might grow, and this turns into more demand from you. By offering SIP to your client base, you can help both parties grow.
It’s also cost-efficient. You will not have to do maintenance on the cables, while the client can enjoy wireless service.
If you’d like to know more about how to get started reselling SIP trunks, contact us today!
Ready to Start SIP Trunking?
SIPTRUNK is the ideal SIP trunking provider for agents, dealers, VARs, manufacturers, distributors, master agents, and IT consultants looking to build a monthly recurring revenue stream selling SIP trunks.